Girl dies after mistakenly consuming poisonous substance in central Kashmir’s Kangan


A girl died after consuming some poisonous substance mistakenly at her home in Kangan area of central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Thursday.
The deceased was a resident of Bujad village of Ganiwan in Gund tehsil of Kangan.
An official informed Greater Kashmir that the girl was rushed to sub district hospital Kangan in an unconscious state, where from she was referred to SKIMS, Soura in Srinagar in a critical condition.
An official at SKIMS said that she declared brought dead at SKIMS.
Meanwhile, a police official told Greater Kashmir that after conducting post-mortem of the body at SDH Kangan and completing legal formalities, the body of the deceased will be handed over to the family for last rites.
He said that police has taken cognizance of the case and initiated an inquiry.

Join our newsetter

Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new updates.