NC asks CM to answer critical questions

20

National Conference on Thursday hit out at government for what it said preparing grounds to handover the rape and murder case of Kathua girl to CBI. 
“It has become clear beyond an iota of doubt that Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti was preparing an excuse to hand over the brutal and barbaric Kathua rape and murder case to the CBI as per the demand of her party’s alliance partner, the BJP in an apparent attempt to shield the accused,” said the senior members of the NC in a joint statement after a meeting here. 
Senior NC leaders led by general secretary, Ali Muhammad Sagar, provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani, party vice president Chaudhary Muhammad Ramzan and north zone president Muhammad Akbar Lone besides other leaders held a detailed meeting at party headquarters here. 
NC spokesperson in a statement said the meeting was held on the instructions of party working president, Omar Abdullah to discuss the “recent shocking developments surrounding the heart-rending case” 
The NC leaders expressed shock at the recent revelation in various media reports that crucial evidence from the case had been destroyed by a police officer in a clear attempt to “save the culprits.”
 “This recent revelation not only indicates the insensitivity of the State Government in general and the ruthlessness and inefficiency of the Chief Minister in particular but also clearly hints at a nefarious plan by the Chief Minister to seek an excuse to hand over the case to the CBI as is being demanded by the ‘Hindu Ekta Manch’ and the BJP ministers,” they said. 
“From day one, this Government has been compounding the pain of this grave tragedy and tormenting the victim’s family through its irresponsible, casual, insensitive and chaotic approach towards such a heinous crime that appears to have been perpetuated to instill fear and horror into the hearts and minds of a particular community. Nowhere in the world would there be a precedent to Cabinet ministers violating prohibitory orders to address a rally in favor of primary accused in the rape and murder of a child even when the ministers know that the evidence against the accused is conclusive as per the Police”, they said.  
“The Cabinet ministers have not only politicized this heinous crime but have also ridiculed the Jammu and Kashmir Police by openly challenging its efficiency and objectivity. This whole plan seems to have come a full circle with the new revelation that crucial evidence has been destroyed by a police officer. While the said police officer has been apparently arrested, what does the Chief Minister intend to do about her Cabinet colleagues who have provided the political backing and thought behind such mischief by openly coming out in support of the accused? There was no doubt in our mind that the Chief Minister has buckled under pressure and is looking for an excuse to hand over the case to the CBI and this latest development proves that beyond a doubt”, the senior NC leaders added. 
“Chief Minister should come out and publicly disclose her motives and answer crucial questions about her complicity in facilitating the possible transfer of this case to the CBI. The apprehensions and the perception that the Government wants to delay and finally deny justice in this case are being vindicated. The High Court must intervene and take a strong notice of what’s being done at the behest of the powers that be and the sternest possible punishment should be meted out to not only the culprits but also those ministers, politicians and officers who are involved in attempts to dilute and distort the case by browbeating and intimidating not only the victim’s family but also the investigating officers of the Police”, they added.
 

Join our newsetter

Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new updates.

SHARE