The Directorate of Health Services, Kashmir on Thursday issued health advisory following flood-like situation triggered by incessant rains, officials said.
“Due to incessant rains since last few days, there is a possibility of increase in respiratory tract infection and water-borne diseases. Therefore, the people are advised to take following precautions to reduce the impact of weather/rains on health of general public, and thus help prevent any outbreaks," an advisory issued here, said.
* Keep your children warm.
* Drink boiled water to prevent Diarrhoea, Typhoid, Dysentery and viral Hepatitis A.
* Water should be brought to a rolling boil (5 minutes) before consumption.
* Wash your hands properly with soap and water before eating meals and after going to toilet.
* Avoid defecation and urination in open spaces to prevent contamination of water sources.
* Cook your food properly and avoid consuming raw vegetables.
* There is an increased risk of Dermatitis, Conjunctivitis, ear/nose/throat infection through direct contact with contaminated water. Therefore, avoid contact with polluted water and wear protective clothes and rubber shoes while going out in water.